[libvirt] Error while running event-test.c from libvirt

Michal Privoznik mprivozn at redhat.com
Mon Mar 24 17:16:34 UTC 2014

On 22.03.2014 08:37, Avanti Ajay wrote:
> Hi..
>
> I compiled event-test.c as : gcc event-test.c -o events -lvirt
> and then running as : ./events
>
> But I am getting this output and the code terminates without detecting
> events :
>
> main:471: Registering domain event cbs
> myFreeFunc: Freeing [tray change]
> libvir: XML-RPC error : internal error unsupported event ID 10
> myFreeFunc: Freeing [pmwakeup]
> libvir: XML-RPC error : internal error unsupported event ID 11
> myFreeFunc: Freeing [pmsuspend]
> libvir: XML-RPC error : internal error unsupported event ID 12
> myFreeFunc: Freeing [callback balloonchange]
> libvir: XML-RPC error : internal error unsupported event ID 13
> main:580: Closing connection
> done

I think the problem is you're running an ancient libvirtd which doesn't
understand any of tray change, pmwakeup, pmsuspend, balloonchange
events. And in the way thaat the event-test demo program is written, it
just closes the connection and exits. Try to build the libvirt from the
sources and you should be all good again.

BTW: there's no need to build the event-test.c like that (but you can,
if you want to). You can just:

     make -C examples/object-events/ event-test

Michal