[libvirt] Device attach / detach problem for passthrough/SR-IOV in libvirt

Mohsen Ghaemi mohsen.ghaemi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 10:51:09 UTC 2014

Hi

thanks for your reply

Since I am working on my master thesis and seriously I am running out of
time I decided to downgrade my libvirt from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 to be able to
continue working on my thesis. Now it works !

But for your information , I already checked the XML file and the interface was
really removed. I checked my host interfaces using ifconfig -a and I found
however I released the device but it is not there and it is not possible to
assign it to other VM so I though it means there is some missed procedure
or some thing like this to unbind pci device ! as i mentioned if I
restarted the libvirt service I was able to attach it again but still it
was not shown in ifconfig -a list. The other point that i noticed was the
number of "irq"s in my logs for MSI/MSI-X while attaching device. I am not
a programmer and I have no clue about interrupts but the point was that in
1.1.1 i cloud see only 2 or 3 "irq" in my logs but now I see 7 or 8 .

regards
Mohsen