[libvirt] RFC: Any interest in a weekly(?) dev community meeting ?

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Tue May 20 22:38:06 UTC 2014

> If people think this is worth while I'd suggest an arbitrary time of
> 1500 UTC using the #virt-meeting IRC channel on irc.oftc.net, to last an
> absolute max of 1 hour. Currently this time point works out as

Is this tied to true UTC (no daylight savings, so everyone living in a
timezone with daylight savings has to adjust their local start time
twice a year) or to a particular timezone (where some people always have
the same local time, while other unlucky folks might have to adjust
their own start time as many as 4 times a year because of differences
between daylight savings cutoff points)?

I'm definitely in favor of the idea.  However, in my personal situation,
starting an hour earlier (1400 UTC) would fit a bit better for Thursday
meetings.  That's because I generally try to attend Austin Group
teleconferences [the standards body in charge of POSIX] which are also
Thursdays currently at 1500 UTC (but tied to US daylight savings rules);
and my close involvement with POSIX has come in handy for libvirt more
than once.  I've got more flexibility if we pick a different day of the
week.