[libvirt] Libvirt clock/time settings doubt.

Julio Faracco jcfaracco at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 11:46:35 UTC 2014

Hi everyone!

What is the method/function responsible to setup time settings in libvirt?
Considering the example of libvirt documentation.

<clock offset='localtime'>
   <timer name='rtc' tickpolicy='catchup' track='guest'>
     <catchup threshold='123' slew='120' limit='10000'/>
   </timer>
   <timer name='pit' tickpolicy='delay'/>
</clock>

I know where this XML will be parsed. But I don't know where libvirt will
pass clock/time settings to QEMU.

Can somebody explain to me or send me a documentation about it?

I passed two weeks trying to discover the sequence of function calls.

Thanks guys!

*--*
*Julio Cesar Faracco*