[libvirt] ceps-based backing stores

Lyssa P. Livingston lyssa at pistoncloud.com
Thu Oct 30 00:15:39 UTC 2014

I have a file with an ceph-based backing store.  I run this command:

    nova boot vm-clone

where vm-clone is the rbd-backed file.  It generates this command:

    qemu-img create -f qcow2 -b rbd:rbdpool/disk/instance-00000002.0.disk:conf=/etc/ceph/ceph.conf:id=admin -F raw /mnt/novadisk/nova/instances/3efa8a7b-75a8-4695-8fdd-659185c46b7d/disk

and I am getting this error:

    error: internal error: backing store parser is not implemented for protocol rbd

I was under the impression that qemu could work with ceph-based backing stores, so is there something I should run first, or files that I should patch, or ... ???  I am running libvirt 1.2.9.  Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

				Lyssa