[libvirt] CreateMachine: Input/output error

Guido Günther agx at sigxcpu.org
Fri Sep 26 17:40:25 UTC 2014

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 10:06:39AM +0200, Richard Weinberger wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Sometimes libvirt (1.2.7) becomes unable to start any container.
> Logs show only:
> error : virDBusCall:1429 : error from service: CreateMachine: Input/output error
> It looks like dbus_connection_send_with_reply_and_block() returns EIO.
>
> Has anyone else seen this kind of issue?
> I'm currently a bit puzzled where to look for the root cause.
> Maybe it is related to dbus.

I've seen this while cooking up

  https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2014-September/msg01549.html

once. The machine didn't get listed anymore with machinectl, there
were no cgroups left but using systemctl I could still see a scope
named after that machine like

machine-qemu\x2<vmname>.scope  failed failed

I didn't manage to get rid of that one besides booting.
Cheers,
 -- Guido