[libvirt] Changing media on network disks (was Re: can't bot from scsi http cdrom)

Paolo Bonzini pbonzini at redhat.com
Mon Apr 13 13:31:10 UTC 2015

On 13/04/2015 14:34, Vasiliy Tolstov wrote:
> Thanks! This is works fine. Last question - does it possible to create
> empty cdrom with type='network'?
> I'm try this, but libvrit complains with error:
>           <disk type='network' device='cdrom'>
>             <driver name='qemu' type='raw'/>
>             <target dev='sdb' bus='scsi' tray='open'/>
>             <address type='drive' controller='0' target='1' bus='0' unit='1'/>
>             <readonly/>
>           </disk>

No, unfortunately not because "virsh change-media" wouldn't be able to
convert its argument to the required libvirt XML.  I think you would
need a new virsh change-media option, e.g. --xml, that takes a <disk>
element instead of a source path + target path pair.  However, I am not
a libvirt developer.

Paolo