[libvirt] Building libvirt under Windows

Pavel Fedin p.fedin at samsung.com
Thu Apr 16 09:52:09 UTC 2015

 Hello!

 I am currently building libvirt under Windows64, and i would like to ask
for correct way to do it.
 The first thing to resolve is absence of RPC XDR library. From configure
source i figured out that portablexdr library may help. I have downloaded
it, but it comes with a different RPC code generator named portable-rpcgen.
I managed to use it, but i had to patch both libvirt (in order to recognize
this generator and handle it properly) and portable-rpcgen (in order to
correctly work under Windows, as well as get rid of some crashes).
 Initially i wanted to upstream portablexdr fixes and emailed the author.
But the author replied that he is not going to fix portablexdr because it's
now deprecated, since original XDR code comes under free license now. So, i
have all necessary fixes in my own fork. He suggested me to come here to ask
about these things.
 So, guys, how do you do it ? I cannot find any rpcgen package usable under
Windows (MinGW, not Cygwin).

Kind regards,
Pavel Fedin
Expert Engineer
Samsung Electronics Research center Russia