[libvirt] Availability of release candidate 2 of libvirt-1.3.0

Martin Kletzander mkletzan at redhat.com
Mon Dec 7 06:33:54 UTC 2015

On Mon, Dec 07, 2015 at 11:06:52AM +0800, Daniel Veillard wrote:

>   So as planned I tagged rc2 in git and pushed signed tarball and rpms
>to the usual place:
>
>  ftp://libvirt.org/libvirt/
>
> but in my testing I'm hitting a serious issue. After upgrading to the new
>set of rpms and restarting the service and virt-manager, while virt-manager
>can connect and list the guests it fails to start a guest with the following
>error message:
>
>  Error starting domain:
>   Failed to connect socket to '/var/run/libvirt/virtlogd-sock':
>                                 No such file or directory
>
> That to me is a release blocker we need to have that in place upgrade working,
>we can't just pull the socket even if we may have another better mechanism.
>So unless there is a good reason for this due to my setup and not the update
>I would delay 1.3.0 and put an rc3 instead on Wednesday.

Are you suggesting we keep the default of stdio_handler = "file" or
enable virtlogd service when installing and libvirtd is enabled?

It took me a while to deal with this and it'd be a shame if everyone who
will update to 1.3.0 would have to go through that "why do I need some
new socket" phase.  Even worse if they are not following up on the
development and starting machines will just stop working.  So I agree,
but I don't have a proper solution, I guess.