[libvirt] Availability of release candidate 2 of libvirt-1.3.0

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Mon Dec 7 18:47:50 UTC 2015

On Mon, Dec 07, 2015 at 11:51:01PM +0800, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 07, 2015 at 10:27:15AM +0000, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:

> > > We register virtlogd with systemd for socket activation so that it should
> > > automatically start when first needed.
> >
> > So it seems we merely get it enabled, but not started, unless you reboot.
> > So we'll need to add some more logic to %post to ensure it is started
> > if libvirtd is seen as running already
>
>   Right, I didn't rebooted, merely upgraded the rpms from rc2 and
> restarted the libvirtd service, i.e. my usual testing routine

NB, there hasn't been any need to restart the libvirtd service
manually for a very long time now. The %post script always
restarts it.

Here is a patch that should fix virtlogd so that it is started
upon upgrades from libvirt < 1.3.0:

  https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2015-December/msg00252.html

To test you'll obviously need to downgrade to some 1.2.x before then
installing the new 1.3.0 build