[libvirt] Event after reverting to snapshot

Dmitry Andreev dandreev at virtuozzo.com
Tue Dec 8 17:53:02 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to catch an event about reverting to snapshot.

As I can see in the code there is no lifecycle event if VM state wasn't
changed.

The comment in the code of qemuDomainRevertToSnapshot:

     /* We have the following transitions, which create the following
events:
      * 1. inactive -> inactive: none
      * 2. inactive -> running:  EVENT_STARTED
      * 3. inactive -> paused:   EVENT_STARTED, EVENT_PAUSED
      * 4. running  -> inactive: EVENT_STOPPED
      * 5. running  -> running:  none
      * 6. running  -> paused:   EVENT_PAUSED
      * 7. paused   -> inactive: EVENT_STOPPED
      * 8. paused   -> running:  EVENT_RESUMED
      * 9. paused   -> paused:   none
      * Also, several transitions occur even if we fail partway through,
      * and use of FORCE can cause multiple transitions.
      */

Also there is no VIR_DOMAIN_EVENT_DEFINED event after reverting to
snapshot, even when domain configuration is changed. Isn't that strange?
Checked on stopped VM.

Is there any way to catch event about changes in configuration after
reverting to snapshot.