[libvirt] qemu logging/tracing option in domain xml

Dmitry Andreev dandreev at virtuozzo.com
Mon Dec 14 13:52:43 UTC 2015

Hi all,

QEMU has the '-d' command line option to configure logs/traces.
As I can see, <qemu:commandline> is the only way to set it in domain xml.

<qemu:commandline> makes a configuration tainted and doesn't allow to
update tracing/logging configuration in runtime. The ability to update
configuration in runtime will be very useful for us in Virtuozzo for
QEMU problem investigation and development.

So I want to ask you will you mind if I prepare a patch-set that
introduces a new section for domain xml with next scheme:

<element name="debug">
   <zeroOrMore>
     <element name="log">
        <attribute name="name">