[libvirt] Trying to debug "Received unexpected event 3" from libvirt

Yaniv Kaul ykaul at redhat.com
Wed Dec 30 10:30:54 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm trying to debug this issue, which may be affecting my inability to
perform live snapshot.
1. I'm not sure what 'Waking up a tragedian" in the debug log means - what
exactly is a tragedian?
2. In any case, it'd be great if the WARN would mention mon->await_event -
is it the event libvirt is actually waiting for?

(Both from qemu/qemu_agent.c)
3. I reckon event 3 is QEMU_AGENT_EVENT_RESET ? (from qemu/qemu_agent.h)

4. I'm also getting 'End of file while reading data: Input/output error'
messages, not sure what they mean yet.

(using 1.2.18.2-1 on FC23, trying to live-snapshot VMs (with Centos 6 & 7
in them, all with qemu guest agent, AFAIK).
TIA,
Y.