[libvirt] Getting Introduced to the Community

Cedric Bosdonnat cbosdonnat at suse.com
Tue Feb 17 08:36:27 UTC 2015

Hello Gaurav,

First, thanks a lot for being interested in that idea!

You said that you tried Daniel's proof of concept, but did you manage to
get a disk image out of a docker image? I guess not... or you have some
patches to send back ;)

In this project I already see these steps:
  * Get Daniel's code to generate disk images again. It looks like a few
things have changed on the docker side in the meantime.
  * Integrate it with existing virt-sandbox project
  * Add the missing features in libvirt-lxc to run containers with those
images. So far I see at least setting UID, PWD and environement
variables within the container, but I may forget some.
  * Get virt-sandbox to run docker containers properly

Don't hesitate to also join the libvirt fun on #virt on the OFTC IRC
channel. My nick there is cbosdonnat.

Kind regards,
--
Cedric