[libvirt] (no subject)

akrowiak at linux.vnet.ibm.com akrowiak at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Jan 22 19:25:25 UTC 2015

From: Tony Krowiak <akrowiak at linux.vnet.ibm.com>

This patch set provides the code to synchonize some macvtap device
modes when the values are changed on the guest's network device.  The
following modes will by synchronized:
* PROMISC
* MULTICAST
* ALLMULTI

I noticed something while testing this patch set that did not occur prior
to installing more recent kernel and Qemu distributions.  It seems that
the VLAN table always has an entry for VLAN ID 0 when the rxfilter is
queried during processing of the NIC_RX_FILTER_CHANGED event.  That means
that the PROMISC flag for macvtap0 will be set.  I don't know if this
will cause problems, but I thought I'd make note of it in case anybody
wants to comment on that.

Tony Krowiak (2):
  util: Functions for getting/setting device options
  qemu: change macvtap device options in response to
    NIC_RX_FILTER_CHANGED