[libvirt] Plan for next release

Andrea Bolognani abologna at redhat.com
Fri Jul 24 13:47:40 UTC 2015

On Fri, 2015-07-24 at 09:35 -0400, Laine Stump wrote:
> On 07/24/2015 07:28 AM, Andrea Bolognani wrote:
> > On Wed, 2015-07-22 at 23:50 +0800, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> > >   We are getting close to the end of the month, so we may need to
> > >
> > > freeze
> > > next Monday or Tuesday.
> > I guess a requirement for freeze, or at least for release, is
> > deciding how we want to handle symlinks with long paths[1] so
> > that we can, you know, make dist :)
>
> It needs to be fixed far before the release - make rpm is broken too,
> and that's my preferred method of testing.
>
> I've fixed it locally with a patch to change "deconfigured-cpus" to
> "down-cpus", but didn't want to push it unilaterally, even though the
> build is broken.

I just sent a patch renaming it to "nonpresent", which is still
short enough not to run into the lenght limit.

It's certainly going to be stuck in the moderation queue, so if
you have the permissions to do so please let it through :)

Cheers.

--
Andrea Bolognani
Software Engineer - Virtualization Team