[libvirt] [PATCH v5 0/4] qemu: Allow PCI virtio on ARM "virt" machine
p.fedin at samsung.com
Fri Jul 17 11:27:43 UTC 2015
Virt machine in qemu since v2.3.0 has PCI generic host controller, and
can use PCI devices. This provides performance improvement as well as
vhost-net with irqfd support for virtio-net. However libvirt currently
does not allow ARM virt machine to have PCI devices. This patchset adds
the necessary support.
Changes since v4:
- Rebased onto current master
- Added possibility to plug virtio-net-pci adapter directly into PCIe bus.
This is necessary for irqfds to work in qemu.
Changes since v3:
- Capability is based not on qemu version but on support of "gpex-pcihost"
device by qemu
- Added a workaround, allowing to pass "make check". The problem is that
test suite does not build capabilities cache. Unfortunately this means
that correct unit-test for the new functionality currently cannot be
written. Test suite framework needs to be improved.
Changes since v2:
Complete rework, use different approach
- Correctly model PCI Express bus on the machine. It is now possible to
explicitly specify <address-type='pci'> with attributes. This allows to
attach not only virtio, but any other PCI device to the model.
- Default is not changed and still mmio, for backwards compatibility with
existing installations. PCI bus has to be explicitly specified.
- Check for the capability in correct place, in v2 it actually did not
Changes since v1:
- Added capability based on qemu version number
- Recognize also "virt-" prefix
Pavel Fedin (4):
qemu: Introduce QEMU_CAPS_OBJECT_GPEX
Add PCI-Express root to ARM virt machine
Build correct command line for PCI NICs on ARM
Allow to plug virtio-net-pci into PCIe slot
src/qemu/qemu_capabilities.c | 10 ++++++++++
src/qemu/qemu_capabilities.h | 1 +
src/qemu/qemu_command.c | 11 ++++++++++-
src/qemu/qemu_domain.c | 17 +++++++++++++----
4 files changed, 34 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)
More information about the libvir-list