[libvirt] [PATCH v4] qemu: Use heads parameter for QXL driver

Martin Kletzander mkletzan at redhat.com
Fri Jul 17 13:42:36 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 12:11:55PM +0200, Peter Krempa wrote:
>On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 09:29:44 +0100, Frediano Ziglio wrote:
>> Allows to specify maximum number of head to QXL driver.
>> Actually can be a compatiblity problem as heads in the XML configuration
>> was set by default to '1'.
>> Signed-off-by: Frediano Ziglio <fziglio at redhat.com>
>> ---
>>  src/qemu/qemu_capabilities.c                       |  2 ++
>>  src/qemu/qemu_capabilities.h                       |  1 +
>>  src/qemu/qemu_command.c                            |  5 ++++
>>  .../qemuxml2argv-video-qxl-device-max-outputs.args |  7 ++++++
>>  .../qemuxml2argv-video-qxl-device-max-outputs.xml  | 29 ++++++++++++++++++++++
>>  tests/qemuxml2argvtest.c                           |  3 +++
>>  6 files changed, 47 insertions(+)
>>  create mode 100644 tests/qemuxml2argvdata/qemuxml2argv-video-qxl-device-max-outputs.args
>>  create mode 100644 tests/qemuxml2argvdata/qemuxml2argv-video-qxl-device-max-outputs.xml
>> Changes from v4:
>> - rebased on new master;
>> - add test case to qemuxml2argvtest.
>Note review: This was added in qemu commit
>The commit hints that you need at least spice 0.12.6. I'll update spice
>and test this later.

I failed to update qemu without updating spice as well, so I'd say
it is safe to assume that if qemu supports it, spice will too.  And we
don't check all the lib versions for qemu runtime, that'd be a waste
of time, so this is quite alright, I think.

I updated everything spice-related and I still can't properly build
qemu particularly because of the patch you mentioned.  And I update
everything from git.  Then I looked there and I see no such function,
no wonder the build fails with undefined reference to
spice_qxl_set_monitors_config_limit.  Although that would mean that it
found a header file with the declaration...  Anyway, the patch looks
fine and even though I would normally want a split into at least two
parts, this is small enough that I'm fine with it being one patch

I'll see next week (or maybe over the weekend) how the build and
everything goes unless someone beats me to it.

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 819 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://listman.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/attachments/20150717/27eb70b5/attachment-0001.sig>

More information about the libvir-list mailing list