[libvirt] Accessing libvirtd remotely as non-root user

Dan Mossor danofsatx at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 22:26:20 UTC 2015

I manage libvirtd on a few remote machines, and my security policies
require me to disable root login via SSH. Up to this point, I've been
using root due to the systems being in staging, but this is the final
step before they're moved to production.

What is the current proscribed method of connecting virt-manager or
virsh to a remote system with a non-root account? I keep getting
"authentication failed: no agent is available to authenticate" with a
user that is in the kvm and qemu groups on the systems I've tried using
the ssh transport.

Thanks in advance
Dan

--