[libvirt] libvirt proxy

Vasiliy Tolstov v.tolstov at selfip.ru
Fri Jun 19 09:23:49 UTC 2015

> I really discourage anyone from trying to fit the libvirt API over a
> cloud system.
>
> In general the libvirt API is designed to be fairly host-centric. We did
> once have a libvirt driver that targetted a cloud system, but we deleted
> it because the libvirt API was a bad fit for case where the concept of
> individual hosts is hidden from the user.
>
> I'd really recommend that any cloud hosting exposes one or more of the
> common cloud APIs, in particular EC2 compatible API, and possibly an
> OpenStack compatible API.
>
> There are also some projects that attempt to provide a cloud API
> abstraction layer, in the same way that libvirt provides a host
> API abstraction layer. eg libcloud, or the (now defunct IIRC)
> deltacloud.

I create after some time ec2 and openstack compat api, but libvirt
already have many guis and simple to use via virsh.
Also if the proxy code autogenerated from libvirt internals i don't
this that this can bring problems.
For example Procedures i'm already get from protocol-remote.x, but in
case of payloads as i see i need to dig into functions =(

--
Vasiliy Tolstov,
e-mail: v.tolstov at selfip.ru