[libvirt] [RFC] libvirt support multi-thread compression for live migration

Qiao,Liyong liyong.qiao at intel.com
Fri Jun 5 00:31:58 UTC 2015

On 2015年06月04日 20:01, Jiri Denemark wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 03, 2015 at 15:13:17 +0000, Feng, Shaohe wrote:
>> Eric,
>> Thank you for reply.
>>
>> Is it necessary to expose these two APIs to user application?
>> + virdomainMigrateSetCapabilities
>> + virdomainMigrateGetCapabilities
>>
>> For qemu , the migration capabilities are "xbzrle", "rdma-pin-all",  "auto-converge",
>>   "zero-blocks" and "compress".
> No, these capabilities are either turned on/off based on flags passed to
> virDomainMigrate3 API.
I think we need to call qemuMonitorGetMigrationCapability when
qemuMigrationSetCompression
if the source/dest node doesn't support  'compress' capability, we need
to stop migration if
flags contain VIR_MIGRATE_COMPRESSED (currently it stands for xbzrle,
and Eric's previous mail
suggest we share this flag with 'compress')

-Eli.

--
BR, Eli(Li Yong)Qiao