[libvirt] Plans for next release

Martin Kletzander mkletzan at redhat.com
Thu Jun 25 19:50:42 UTC 2015

[adding Dan to Cc as he asked me about this right before I had to
 leave for an appointment]

On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 10:08:10PM +0800, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>  Sorry I nearly forgot, but we should enter freeze soon to try to
>hit the end of the month target. I see that Martin's APIs for admin support
>has been merged in so that would be libvirt-1.3.0.

Sorry from me too, but I planned to merge the admin API earlier so we
can finish the design of first APIs.  Unfortunately, everything got
prolonged and we're right before the freeze with only Open and Close
APIs.  And because I really dislike when we create APIs that return
"unsupported" just so we have them in, I'd be in favour for rather
adding one useful API instead of 5 non-working ones.  The other option
is to conditionally disable the code for Admin API just for the
release and bump the minor version for the next release when we have
some useful stuff in.