[libvirt] overlayfs support to lxc driver

Vasiliy Tolstov v.tolstov at selfip.ru
Mon Mar 2 13:38:11 UTC 2015

Hello. I'm interesting in implementing overlayfs support to lxc libvirt driver.
As i see i simply can utilize filesystem type='template' for this usage.
In case os template fs i need to mount with lowerdir
/var/lib/libvirt/filesystems/template to
/var/lib/libvirt/filesystems/name

But i have problem: overlayfs fs need upperdir that store differences
and mountpoint that used by clients. In case of libvirt usage -
upperdir need to be places in /var/lib/libvirt/filesystems, but where
i can put mountpoint dir ? /var/run/libvirt or in /tmp/libvirt-XXXXX ?

Also what is the preferred way to integrate overlayfs support to
libvirt? I can addd mount type to filesystem type='mount' or use (like
now) template type. What is the preferred way?
Thanks

--
Vasiliy Tolstov,
e-mail: v.tolstov at selfip.ru