[libvirt] expose via api event about changing domain metadata

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Fri Mar 6 10:36:08 UTC 2015

On Fri, Mar 06, 2015 at 01:21:45PM +0300, Vasiliy Tolstov wrote:
> Hello. I have in domain metadata some info that i need , but now i
> need to notify when the info changed.
> Does it possible to add even about changing domain metadata like other
> events (http://libvirt.org/html/libvirt-libvirt-domain.html#virDomainEventID)

Can you explain what your usage scenario is in a bit more detail. I don't
think it is really scalable for us to start adding events to be reported
on change of individual XML elements. At the very most I think we'd
consider a single event to report "XML change" for the document as a
whole, but even that's likely to be quite a significant work item due to
the many places XML can be updated.