[libvirt] expose via api event about changing domain metadata

Vasiliy Tolstov v.tolstov at selfip.ru
Fri Mar 6 10:47:18 UTC 2015

> Can you explain what your usage scenario is in a bit more detail. I don't
> think it is really scalable for us to start adding events to be reported
> on change of individual XML elements. At the very most I think we'd
> consider a single event to report "XML change" for the document as a
> whole, but even that's likely to be quite a significant work item due to
> the many places XML can be updated.

I'm store some info in domain metadata like: ip addresses, cloud-init
url, some tokens ant other.
This info i used by some some software for example to serve needed
files for cloudinit on specific tap device for specific vm,
fill ipset with ip addresses.
So  best of all as you say - create xml change event.

--
Vasiliy Tolstov,
e-mail: v.tolstov at selfip.ru
jabber: vase at selfip.ru