[libvirt] qemu_migration: Precreate missing storage breaks with network drives

Michal Privoznik mprivozn at redhat.com
Thu Mar 19 15:37:45 UTC 2015

On 19.03.2015 16:29, Nick Bartos wrote:
> That sounds like a reasonable option.  How far back is the shared disk
> type supported?  As of Icehouse (the oldest supported version I
> believe), the minimum supported libvirt version is 0.9.6.  It would be
> simpler if it could be a simple change that doesn't have to be if/else'd
> for different libvirt versions.

The <shareable/> element was added back in 0.4.2 release (we're talking
about mid 2008). So I wouldn't fear of it. Here's an example XML taken
from one of our unit tests to show you how to use it:

    <disk type='block' device='disk'>
      <driver name='qemu' type='qcow2'/>
      <source dev='/dev/HostVG/QEMUGuest1'/>
      <target dev='hda' bus='ide'/>
      <shareable/>
      <serial>XYZXYZXYZYXXYZYZYXYZY</serial>
      <address type='drive' controller='0' bus='0' target='0' unit='0'/>
    </disk>

Michal