[libvirt] cpuset / numa and qemu in TCG mode

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Tue May 12 09:27:34 UTC 2015

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 11:14:09AM +0200, Martin Kletzander wrote:

> 1.2.13 has the commit already in the release and 1.2.12-maint has it
> as a first back-port right after release.  The problem is that there
> was no maintenance release of 1.2.12 yet.  Maybe they would use
> 1.2.12.1 if it existed.

Perhaps.  At this point we're well and truly in realms I can't influence.

I thank you for you help keeping me on track here.  I think by and large
the issue is preety much solved (and was before I started this thread
a couple of days ago.

> I Cc'd Guido as an upstream debian maintainer, maybe he'll have some
> insights.  @Guido: would it help if we created a maintenance release
> from the v1.2.12-maint branch?  Or is the only thing missing the fact
> that the launchpad bug is not moved to libvirt?

I just added:

---
I was pointed at the v1.2.12-maint head in the libvirt git which contains this fix already.
http://libvirt.org/git/?p=libvirt.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/v1.2.12-maint

I suggest we close the nova issue with won't fix and get the correctly backported patch into the libvirt package.
---
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nova/+bug/1439280/comments/41

It's up to the Ubuntu team now.

Yours Tony.