[libvirt] official libvirt mirror on github?

Peter Krempa pkrempa at redhat.com
Fri May 22 07:33:19 UTC 2015

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 21:34:25 -0400, Cole Robinson wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Anyone considered setting up libvirt*.git mirrors on github? Given the
> popularity of github these days, IMO it's unfortunate we don't have an
> official mirror on there.
>
> As far as the actual mirroring though, we'd probably need to set up hooks on
> libvirt.org to push new commits up to github, there doesn't appear to be any
> better way than that.
>
> Thoughts?

I'm worried that once we have a github clone that is described as
official it will motivate people to send code via github pull requests
rather than via the mailing list.

I don't object to the mirror though, we just should make it obvious that
it's read only and that we certainly don't accept any pull requests.

Peter