[libvirt] official libvirt mirror on github?

Michal Privoznik mprivozn at redhat.com
Fri May 22 13:22:50 UTC 2015

On 22.05.2015 03:34, Cole Robinson wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Anyone considered setting up libvirt*.git mirrors on github? Given the
> popularity of github these days, IMO it's unfortunate we don't have an
> official mirror on there.
>
> As far as the actual mirroring though, we'd probably need to set up hooks on
> libvirt.org to push new commits up to github, there doesn't appear to be any
> better way than that.
>
> Thoughts?

I've been a GSoC mentor for a while and I have worked with some students
from some countries where standard GIT ports were blocked. The have been
forced to use checkout over HTTP. I've directed them at gitorious where
libvirt repo was cloned, but not gitorious is gone I think we need a
replacement. If it comes with automated update to current HEAD, it's
even better!

Michal