[libvirt] Plans for next release

Jim Fehlig jfehlig at suse.com
Wed May 27 18:45:49 UTC 2015

On 05/23/2015 07:22 AM, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>     Hi everybody,
>
> if we want to get it by next month, we should probably freeze on Tuesday
> for an 1.2.16 on June 1st, we 'only' have 137 commits since 1.2.15 but
> sticking to the monthly release is important.

Hi Daniel,

I have a few old patches on the list that would be nice to get into 1.2.16.
First is the libxl config file fixes in the spec file that we postponed during
the 1.2.15 release

https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2015-May/msg00004.html

Next is a patch to fix generation of AUTHORS file in the python bindings

https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2015-May/msg00319.html

Finally, since the domXML <-> xl.cfg conversions for SPICE where committed a few
weeks back, it would be nice to provide support for SPICE and qxl config in the
libxl driver too

https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2015-May/msg00256.html

It would be unfortunate to convert xl.cfg SPICE config to domXML but then be
unable to use that config in the libxl driver.

Regards,
Jim