[libvirt] qemu-agent-command via isa-serial for freebsd

Michal Privoznik mprivozn at redhat.com
Fri Oct 30 10:00:32 UTC 2015

On 30.10.2015 08:32, Vasiliy Tolstov wrote:
>> You need to have a virtio channel whose target name is
>> "org.qemu.guest_agent.0". The source does not matter to libvirt - we can
>> connect both to an unix socket or pty.
>

> Can you helps me via providing xml for this?
> Freebsd does not supports virtio-serial, so inside guest i need
> isa-serial (ttyS0 or ttyS1), and from host side something like unix
> socket with name org.qemu.guest_agent.0..

Oh right, libvirt only know how to deal with channels. ISA serials are
ignored when it comes to qemu-ga. The problem is that from looking at
<serial/> we don't know which one is suppose to be for the agent. For
instance:

    <serial type='pty'>
      <source path='/dev/pts/28'/>
      <target port='1'/>
      <alias name='serial1'/>
    </serial>

    <serial type='unix'>
      <source mode='bind' path='/tmp/serial.sock'/>
      <target port='0'/>
      <alias name='serial2'/>
    </serial>

which one of these should be agent listening to? And subsequently which
one should libvirt connect to?

We can add an attribute somewhere to denote that fact, but you'd still
need to configure the guest agent inside the guest to run properly.

Michal