[libvirt] libvirtlight problem with Xen

Jim Fehlig jfehlig at suse.com
Wed Sep 2 06:10:18 UTC 2015

On 09/01/2015 10:29 AM, Eric wrote:
> I'm trying to use virt-manager with Xen.  My Dom0 is Debian 8.  When I create
> a DomU (Ubuntu Trusty) as a PV guest, the boot fails with an error saying that
> libvirtlight failed to connect.

Can you be more specific about the error? E.g. by posting the backtrace reported
by virt-manager, errors recorded in virt-manager and libvirtd log, and errors
recorded in the libxl driver logs (/var/log/libvirt/libxl/)?

> The opinion from the virt-manager list group is that the problem is libvirt,
> not virt-manager.

At first glance, I'd suspect a distro bug that should be reported to Debian.

Regards,
Jim