[libvirt] Who wants to mentor for Outreachy Dec-Mar?

Stefan Hajnoczi stefanha at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 10:28:16 UTC 2015

We are now looking for mentors for the next round of Outreachy running
from December 7, 2015 to March 7, 2016.  I have set up a wiki page
here:
http://qemu-project.org/Outreachy_2015_DecemberMarch

Our communities have participated in previous years to mentor people
from underrepresented groups and help them get involved in open source
software.  To learn more, see the Outreachy website:
https://www.gnome.org/outreachy/

If you are a regular contributor to QEMU, libvirt, or the KVM kernel
module then you can become an Outreachy mentor.  Information on what's
involved is here:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Outreachy/Admin/InfoForMentors

Mentoring summary:

1. Post your project ideas here:
http://qemu-project.org/Outreachy_2015_DecemberMarch

2. You give each applicant a different small task so they can submit a
patch upstream.  You also interview promising candidates on IRC to get
a better picture.  Then you select a candidate you wish to work with
(or none).

3. Requires 5 hours/week from December 2015 to March 2016 to mentor
your intern, review their code, answer their questions, etc.

If you'd like to become a mentor, please let me know.

We are also looking for sponsors who wish to fund Outreachy interns
for QEMU, libvirt, and the KVM kernel module.  The sponsorship for one
intern is $6,500.  Learn more about sponsorship:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Outreachy/Admin/InfoForOrgs

Stefan