[libvirt] Availability of libvirt-1.3.3-rc2

Martin Kletzander mkletzan at redhat.com
Sun Apr 3 19:50:11 UTC 2016

On Sat, Apr 02, 2016 at 09:35:17PM +0800, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>On Fri, Apr 01, 2016 at 05:39:36PM +0200, Martin Kletzander wrote:
>> On Fri, Apr 01, 2016 at 11:54:30AM +0800, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>> > I pushed the rc2 tag in git head and signed tarball and rpms to the
>> >usual place:
>> >
>> >  ftp://libvrt.org/libvirt/
>> >
>> > I didn't really had time to test it TBH, seems we don't have too much red
>> >in the CI https://ci.centos.org/view/libvirt-project/ , mostly perl tests,
>> >and virt manager, better than a few days ago !
>> >
>> > Please give it more testing and hopefully I can make a release this w.e.
>> >or early monday,
>> >
>> > thanks !
>> >

>> There are two things that worry me and should be fixed before the
>> release.  It's nothing big and I should have it worked out during the
>> weekend, so I would just like to ask you to not do the release on
>> weekend and rather leave it for Monday.  I'll post any updates here.
>>
>> I don't want to go to the details very much as I still have errands to
>> do, but one of them Laine encountered when trying to nodedev-detach an
>> SRIOV card and it's just a matter of nodedev XML parsing.  The other one
>> was found by Guido and that is that we don't regenerate the per-domain
>> directory name (which has ID in it) on subsequent domain restarts.
>> Again, just a matter of resetting it properly, I believe.  I'm just
>> writing this because I won't get to that till Saturday evening from now,
>> sorry for that.
>>
>> Enjoy your weekends everyone,
>> Martin
>
>  Okay, got it, I will wait for news from you,

I had less time available during weekend then I thought, so now I've
finally finished the nodedev parsing [1].  Laine, if you had a minute
to test that (either after first patch or after all), that would be
great.

I'll now look at those per-domain directories so that they are generated
as they should be on each start.

[1] https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2016-April/msg00081.html