[libvirt] [Xen-devel] Fixing libvirt's libxl driver breakage -- where to define LIBXL_API_VERSION?

Olaf Hering olaf at aepfle.de
Fri Apr 15 09:14:28 UTC 2016

On Thu, Apr 14, Ian Jackson wrote:

> Dario Faggioli writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] Fixing libvirt's libxl driver breakage -- where to define LIBXL_API_VERSION?"):
> > And, in those cases, usage should be gated by the appropriate
> > LIBXL_HAVE_FOOBAR symbol, which I see in the sources (e.g.,
> > for LIBXL_HAVE_NO_SUSPEND_RESUME or LIBXL_HAVE_DOMAIN_NODEAFFINITY) to
> > be the case, so good again. :-)
>
> If libvirt specifies LIBXL_API_VERSION then it does not need to check
> any LIBXL_HAVE_*, since it will actually get an API corresponding to
> the specified API_VERSION.

This cant be true, because otherwise it will be unable to use vscsi and
perhaps usb (and whatever else showed up after 4.2).

Does that also mean that for example things related to LIBXL_HAVE_VSCSI
need to be wrapped in "#if LIBXL_API_VERSION > $whatever"? Maybe I'm
just misunderstand what you are trying to say.

Olaf