[libvirt] [RFC] relax offline migration requirements to --xml

Nikolay Shirokovskiy nshirokovskiy at virtuozzo.com
Thu Apr 21 14:52:07 UTC 2016

Hi, all.

  I'm thinking of leveraging of existing migration API to support offline clone
in virtuozzo. AFAIK offline migration is basically just copying of domain
config to the other side and defining it there. It is even possible to slightly
mutate it thru options like --dname or --xml but mutation restrictions are the same
as in case of active domain migration which is quite tight for an offline clone
case. In case of clone we want to change uuid, MACs etc. Well the changes
itself could be done by mgmt but this requires that libvirt drops the
restictive checks for --xml option. What is your evaluation of this approach?

Nikolay