[libvirt] Availability of libvirt-1.3.3-rc2

Martin Kletzander mkletzan at redhat.com
Fri Apr 1 15:39:36 UTC 2016

On Fri, Apr 01, 2016 at 11:54:30AM +0800, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>  I pushed the rc2 tag in git head and signed tarball and rpms to the
>usual place:
>
>   ftp://libvrt.org/libvirt/
>
>  I didn't really had time to test it TBH, seems we don't have too much red
>in the CI https://ci.centos.org/view/libvirt-project/ , mostly perl tests,
>and virt manager, better than a few days ago !
>
>  Please give it more testing and hopefully I can make a release this w.e.
>or early monday,
>
>  thanks !

There are two things that worry me and should be fixed before the
release.  It's nothing big and I should have it worked out during the
weekend, so I would just like to ask you to not do the release on
weekend and rather leave it for Monday.  I'll post any updates here.

I don't want to go to the details very much as I still have errands to
do, but one of them Laine encountered when trying to nodedev-detach an
SRIOV card and it's just a matter of nodedev XML parsing.  The other one
was found by Guido and that is that we don't regenerate the per-domain
directory name (which has ID in it) on subsequent domain restarts.
Again, just a matter of resetting it properly, I believe.  I'm just
writing this because I won't get to that till Saturday evening from now,
sorry for that.

Enjoy your weekends everyone,
Martin