[libvirt] RFC: spec file cleanup ideas

Andrea Bolognani abologna at redhat.com
Fri Apr 15 10:03:13 UTC 2016

On Fri, 2016-04-08 at 19:13 -0400, Cole Robinson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I wanted to float some ideas about cleaning up the RPM spec file. None of it
> is urgent but I'll end up scratching the itch eventually and I want to make
> sure people are on board

So I actually just skimmed your proposal... I think the idea of
dropping from the .spec file stuff that we've already dropped
from the build system is a sound one, so unless there are
concerns about specific bits I'd say we should move forward
with this.

On the other hand... Why do we ship the .spec file in the first
place? Is Fedora, or any other distribution for that matter,
using it as-is? Or is it meant to be just for developers'
convenience?

Personally, I'd be happy having to maintain a single build
system and leaving downstream packaging to distributions. But
maybe that's just a consequence of my background in Debian
packaging :)

Cheers.

--
Andrea Bolognani