[libvirt] [RFC] changing/regenerating domain uuid on migration

Nikolay Shirokovskiy nshirokovskiy at virtuozzo.com
Thu Apr 21 08:24:11 UTC 2016

Hi all.

Consider next usecase. There are active domain DA on host A and active domain
DB on host B and the uuids of domains are the same. This is quite uncommon of
course but still possible. If we have option to change uuid on migration
then migration of DA to host B is possible and if we don't have the option
we have to stop/edit/start DA to migrate.

What is you opinion on subject? Can this functionality be taken into upstream
and in what form? In form of setting uuid as a migration parameter or option to
regenerate uuid on destination?

Nikolay