[libvirt] qemu-guest-agent windows

Michal Privoznik mprivozn at redhat.com
Mon Aug 29 06:22:40 UTC 2016

On 28.08.2016 16:53, Umar Draz wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I have install qemu guest agent on windows 10, but unable to get the ip
> address using this command
>
> virsh qemu-agent-command myvm '{ "execute": "guest-network-get-interfaces"
> }'
>
> I am getting the following error on above command.
>
> ibvirt: QEMU Driver error : internal error: unable to execute QEMU agent
> command 'guest-network-get-interfaces': this feature or command is not
> currently supported

Right. The windows implementation for this qemu-ga command was
introduced in this commit:

http://git.qemu.org/?p=qemu.git;a=commitdiff;h=d6c5528b0

and should be contained in 2.4 release. So updating your guest agent
should help you. On the other hand, I don't have Windows 10 installed
anywhere (nor a VM) to try this out.

Michal