[libvirt] bug, libvirt, internal error

Martin Kletzander mkletzan at redhat.com
Fri Dec 2 08:45:31 UTC 2016

On Thu, Dec 01, 2016 at 06:37:02PM -0500, CESAR DAVID VASQUEZ ROMERO wrote:
>Hi, I'm having a problem with libvirt.
>
>Since a few days, when I try to create a virtual machine I get the
>following error and I could not solve it
>
>" Imposible completar la instalación: 'internal error: Cannot find suitable
>CPU model for given data' "
>
>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>Detalles:
>
>imposible completar la instalación: 'internal error: Cannot find suitable
>CPU model for given data'
>
>Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/asyncjob.py", line 90, in
>cb_wrapper
>    callback(asyncjob, *args, **kwargs)
>  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/create.py", line 2277, in
>_do_async_install
>    guest.start_install(meter=meter)
>  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtinst/guest.py", line 501, in
>start_install
>    noboot)
>  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtinst/guest.py", line 416, in
>_create_guest
>    dom = self.conn.createLinux(start_xml or final_xml, 0)
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/libvirt.py", line 3606, in
>createLinux
>    if ret is None:raise libvirtError('virDomainCreateLinux() failed',
>conn=self)
>libvirtError: internal error: Cannot find suitable CPU model for given data
>
>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>

>I tried deleting the / var / cache / libvirt / qemu / capabilities /
>directory, and restarting libvirt but it did not work.

First read the error message.  It's probably not "internal" error, you
just have CPU specification that you can't use with your current system.

>I have other virtual machines on the physical server and they work fine,
>but I can not create new ones.
>
>How can i fix this

At least you could post the domain XML.  Well, since you have two
domains and one of them works and the other one doesn't try comparing
the XMLs and find a difference related to the error message (hint: CPU).

>Thank you

You're welcome =)