[libvirt] Should Libvirt apply for OSS-Fuzz?

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Fri Dec 2 10:21:44 UTC 2016

On Fri, Dec 02, 2016 at 11:08:14AM +0100, Martin Kletzander wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 02, 2016 at 09:16:26AM +0000, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> > > >

> > > I was thinking about that too.  And danpb would like that as well, I
> > > guess, since he came up with the fuzzing idea for GSoC.

> > > But it's not like the whole libvirt has to be installed and running
> > > there, right?  It's unit-test fuzzing, it will just link against
> > > libvirt.la and run random APIs (mostly public ones, I guess).
> >
> > You have to write test harnesses for the fuzzer, so it'll fuzz whatever
> > APIs you call from your test harnesses.
> >

> Yeah, we choose what to do.  I was elaborating on what we are going to
> choose.  So I take it as you like the idea?

I'm totally supportive of fuzzing of libvirt in general. I'm ambivalent
on where we actually run the fuzzers we create. Whether its on Google
or our Jenkins CI, or both doesn't matter as long as we have something
running somewhere. Since our Jenkins CI is already maxing out CPU
capacity quite often, it makes sense to try Google for now - we can
easily move later if needed, since their framework is built around
opensource fuzzing libraries/tools.

|: http://entangle-photo.org       -o-    http://search.cpan.org/~danberr/ :|