[libvirt] qemu-kvm blocked for more than 120 seconds when "libvirt-guests" is enabled

Oscar Segarra oscar.segarra at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 16:25:16 UTC 2016

Hi,

I just have two virtual machines in my environment, I want them to
gracefully stop when host is powered off gracefully.

Nevertheless, system hangs on shutdown:

[root at vdicnode01 ~]# virsh list
 Id    Name                           State
 1     vdicdb01                       running
 2     vdicone01                      running

The configuration:

/usr/libexec/libvirt-guests.sh
URIS=default
ON_BOOT=ignore
ON_SHUTDOWN=shutdown
SHUTDOWN_TIMEOUT=60
PARALLEL_SHUTDOWN=5
START_DELAY=0
BYPASS_CACHE=0
CONNECT_RETRIES=10
RETRIES_SLEEP=1
SYNC_TIME=0

[root at vdicnode01 ~]# cat /etc/libvirt/qemu.conf
user  = "oneadmin"
group = "oneadmin"
dynamic_ownership = 0
spice_tls = 0

With libvirt-guests service started:
[root at vdicnode01 ~]# service libvirt-guests status
Redirecting to /bin/systemctl status  libvirt-guests.service
● libvirt-guests.service - Suspend Active Libvirt Guests
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/libvirt-guests.service;
disabled; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: active (exited) since Sat 2016-12-31 17:13:34 CET; 5s ago
     Docs: man:libvirtd(8)
           http://libvirt.org
  Process: 6619 ExecStart=/usr/libexec/libvirt-guests.sh start
(code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
 Main PID: 6619 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Dec 31 17:13:34 vdicnode01.vdicube.com systemd[1]: Starting Suspend Active
Libvirt Guests...
Dec 31 17:13:34 vdicnode01.vdicube.com libvirt-guests.sh[6619]:
libvirt-guests is configured not to start any guests on boot
Dec 31 17:13:34 vdicnode01.vdicube.com systemd[1]: Started Suspend Active
Libvirt Guests.
[root at vdicnode01 ~]#

If I stop locally libvirt-guests (as root) Looks work perfectly:

[root at vdicnode01 ~]# virsh list
 Id    Name                           State

[root at vdicnode01 ~]#

--> Now I start again the virtual machines and the libvirt-guests service
<--
[root at vdicnode01 ~]# service libvirtd restart
Redirecting to /bin/systemctl restart  libvirtd.service
[root at vdicnode01 ~]# service libvirt-guests start
Redirecting to /bin/systemctl start  libvirt-guests.service
[root at vdicnode01 ~]# virsh list
 Id    Name                           State
 1     vdicone01                      running
 2     vdicdb01                       running

[root at vdicnode01 ~]#

But If I shutdown the host it look not work properly (I attack screenshots
of the shutdown process).

Any help will be welcome.

Thanks a lot.