[libvirt] PING: [RFC] vhost-user + shared memory + NUMA

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Mon Feb 15 13:46:25 UTC 2016

On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 04:38:51PM +0300, Pavel Fedin wrote:
>  Hello! Sorry, but i did not get any answer to the last question. Would it be OK to require <memoryBacking> and implicitly add only
> shared mode ?

No, I really think setting shared must be an explicit action
by the app configuring libvirt. Automatically setting attributes
based on other settings has come back to bite us too many times
in the past. So I don't see any compelling reason to automatically
set shared mode when using vhost-user. The low level XML config
is *not* trying to be user friendly - its a low level interface.
User friendly is for the application layer to care about.