[libvirt] libvirt 1.2.9.3 - test for vircgrouptest fails

Michal Privoznik mprivozn at redhat.com
Thu Feb 25 06:25:08 UTC 2016

On 24.02.2016 21:36, Florian Hubold wrote:
> Hi,
>
> one of the seems to fail on our build system, vircgrouptest fails with
> Unexpected: nodeGetCPUCount() yields: -1
>
> The test runs fine locally.
> Here are the contents from testsuite.log with VIR_TEST_DEBUG=1 enabled.
>

> See tests/test-suite.log
> Please report to libvir-list at redhat.com
> [...]
> + cat test-suite.log
>    libvirt 1.2.9.3: tests/test-suite.log
>
> # TOTAL: 126
> # PASS:  123
> # SKIP:  2
> # XFAIL: 0
> # FAIL:  1
> # XPASS: 0
> # ERROR: 0
>
> .. contents:: :depth: 2
>
> FAIL: vircgrouptest
> ===================
>
> TEST: vircgrouptest
>  1) New cgroup for self                                               ... OK
>  2) New cgroup for partition                                          ...
> libvirt: Cgroup error : At least one cgroup controller is required: No such
> device or address
> OK
>  3) New cgroup for partition nested                                   ...
> libvirt: Cgroup error : Failed to create controller cpu for group: No such file
> or directory
> OK
>  4) New cgroup for partition nested deeply                            ...
> libvirt: Cgroup error : Failed to create controller cpu for group: No such file
> or directory
> OK
>  5) New cgroup for domain partition                                   ... OK
>  6) New cgroup for domain partition escaped                           ... OK
>  7) Cgroup available                                                  ... OK
>  8) virCgroupGetBlkioIoServiced works                                 ... OK
>  9) virCgroupGetBlkioIoDeviceServiced works                           ... OK
> 10) virCgroupGetMemoryUsage works                                     ... OK
> 11) virCgroupGetPercpuStats works                                     ...
> Unexpected: nodeGetCPUCount() yields: -1
> libvirt:  error : this function is not supported by the connection driver: host
> cpu counting not supported on this node

Interesting. This error is produced becasue there's no
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0 directory on your system. Therefore:

1) it's our bug that in testsuite we access real data from host's sysfs.
We need a bit more mocking.
2) it's interesting that you don't have cpu0. Can you please share dir
listing of /sys/devices/system/cpu?

Michal