[libvirt] libvirt 1.2.9.3 - test for vircgrouptest fails

Florian Hubold doktor5000 at arcor.de
Thu Feb 25 18:50:47 UTC 2016

Am 25.02.2016 um 07:25 schrieb Michal Privoznik:
> On 24.02.2016 21:36, Florian Hubold wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> one of the seems to fail on our build system, vircgrouptest fails with
>> Unexpected: nodeGetCPUCount() yields: -1
>>
>> The test runs fine locally.
>> Here are the contents from testsuite.log with VIR_TEST_DEBUG=1 enabled.
>>

>> See tests/test-suite.log
>> Please report to libvir-list at redhat.com
>> [...]
>> + cat test-suite.log
>>    libvirt 1.2.9.3: tests/test-suite.log
>>
>> # TOTAL: 126
>> # PASS:  123
>> # SKIP:  2
>> # XFAIL: 0
>> # FAIL:  1
>> # XPASS: 0
>> # ERROR: 0
>>
>> .. contents:: :depth: 2
>>
>> FAIL: vircgrouptest
>> ===================
>>
>> TEST: vircgrouptest
>>  1) New cgroup for self                                               ... OK
>>  2) New cgroup for partition                                          ...
>> libvirt: Cgroup error : At least one cgroup controller is required: No such
>> device or address
>> OK
>>  3) New cgroup for partition nested                                   ...
>> libvirt: Cgroup error : Failed to create controller cpu for group: No such file
>> or directory
>> OK
>>  4) New cgroup for partition nested deeply                            ...
>> libvirt: Cgroup error : Failed to create controller cpu for group: No such file
>> or directory
>> OK
>>  5) New cgroup for domain partition                                   ... OK
>>  6) New cgroup for domain partition escaped                           ... OK
>>  7) Cgroup available                                                  ... OK
>>  8) virCgroupGetBlkioIoServiced works                                 ... OK
>>  9) virCgroupGetBlkioIoDeviceServiced works                           ... OK
>> 10) virCgroupGetMemoryUsage works                                     ... OK
>> 11) virCgroupGetPercpuStats works                                     ...
>> Unexpected: nodeGetCPUCount() yields: -1
>> libvirt:  error : this function is not supported by the connection driver: host
>> cpu counting not supported on this node
> Interesting. This error is produced becasue there's no
> /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0 directory on your system. Therefore:
>
> 1) it's our bug that in testsuite we access real data from host's sysfs.
> We need a bit more mocking.
> 2) it's interesting that you don't have cpu0. Can you please share dir
> listing of /sys/devices/system/cpu?
That's a bit difficult as I don't have shell access,
but one of our friendly sysadmins provided it, see
http://paste.pound-python.org/show/W7zyZNUTtfDAn8RAwi26/

For the full build logs when the test suite failed, see
http://pkgsubmit.mageia.org/uploads/failure/cauldron/core/release/20160224202627.doktor5000.duvel.10775/log/botcmd.1456345626.ecosse.log
for i586 build and
http://pkgsubmit.mageia.org/uploads/failure/cauldron/core/release/20160224202627.doktor5000.duvel.10775/log/botcmd.1456345627.ecosse.log
for the x86_64 build.