[libvirt] libvirt 1.2.9.3 - test for vircgrouptest fails

Florian Hubold doktor5000 at arcor.de
Fri Feb 26 17:54:13 UTC 2016

Am 26.02.2016 um 11:49 schrieb Michal Privoznik:
> On 25.02.2016 19:50, Florian Hubold wrote:

>>> Interesting. This error is produced becasue there's no
>>> /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0 directory on your system. Therefore:
>>>
>>> 1) it's our bug that in testsuite we access real data from host's sysfs.
>>> We need a bit more mocking.
>>> 2) it's interesting that you don't have cpu0. Can you please share dir
>>> listing of /sys/devices/system/cpu?
>> That's a bit difficult as I don't have shell access,
>> but one of our friendly sysadmins provided it, see
>> http://paste.pound-python.org/show/W7zyZNUTtfDAn8RAwi26/
> Wow, this is interesting. You do have /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0
> directory. Maybe something else is preventing access (e.g. SELinux)? Or
> the path is not accessible because of some mounting masquerade the build
> script is doing? At any rate, test suite should not touch live data on
> host at all. This is fixed now. If you want, try building the latest
> HEAD and see if the test still fails.
>
> Michal

Well, our buildsystem uses simple chroots, so it should not differ from the
physical system.
FWIW the output provided above was from the physical system.
We also don't use SELinux. But if it fails again at least I'll know what to
look for
and will try to provide the same output from inside the chroot :)

Thanks for the previous fix, can I apply this also on top of v1.2.9-maint branch
or does it require some subsequent commits from HEAD?