[libvirt] Minor compile failure on OSX for libvirt 2.0.0

Justin Clift justin at postgresql.org
Tue Jul 19 17:30:47 UTC 2016

On 19 Jul 2016, at 17:58, Andrea Bolognani <abologna at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2016-07-19 at 16:30 +0100, Justin Clift wrote:
>> On 19 Jul 2016, at 15:03, Andrea Bolognani <abologna at redhat.com> wrote:
>> <snip>

>>> I have posted a tentative patch to fix your issue
>>>
>>>    https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2016-July/msg00724.html
>>>
>>> Can you please check it out and confirm whether it works or
>>> not? I don't have any OS X host where I can test it myself.
>>>
>>> To be honest, I don't see why we're compiling the systemd
>>> support code on OS X at all. But I don't have the time to
>>> dig further right now :)
>>
>> Oops, it didn't click for me that this is systemd code.  You're right,
>> there's no need for that to be compiled on OSX. :)
>>
>> Looking at the output from ./configure, there doesn't seem to be a
>> switch for disabling systemd stuff.
>>
>> Did I overlook something? :)
>
> You didn't overlook anything: there's simply no way to compile
> the systemd support conditionally, at least at the moment :)
>
> Did you manage to build and run libvirt succesfully with the
> patch I posted?

Not yet.  It barfed at me due to a system config problem which I need
to investigate and haven't done yet.  Probably get around to it later
today. :)

Thinking out loud... is the systemd code compiled for BSD?

Guessing not (without checking :>), so there's probably some kind of
#ifdef to automatically exclude it.  If that's how things are setup at
present, would the optimal approach be to adjust such an #ifdef to also
exclude OSX?

+ Justin

- Indira Gandhi