[libvirt] Minor compile failure on OSX for libvirt 2.0.0

Justin Clift justin at postgresql.org
Wed Jul 20 12:57:41 UTC 2016

On 20 Jul 2016, at 13:43, Andrea Bolognani <abologna at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2016-07-20 at 13:28 +0100, Justin Clift wrote:
>> I'll put more time into investigating why the patch barfed for me.  I
>> think it'll just be something simple like forgetting to set the time/date
>> stamp of the patched file so make doesn't try to regenerate ./configure
>> again.  Will find out. ;)
>
> Sounds to me like your build environment is kinda broken...
> You really shouldn't need to do anything like that, just 'git
> am' the commit and 'make' away. As a simple sanity check, can
> you compile libvirt 1.3.5 successfully?

Yeah, libvirt 1.3.5 is fine.

The problem here is that getting this tested in OSX has some pita
niggles that needing working around, and it's been a fair while since
I last needed to do them.  eg out of practise :)

In this instance, because this is intended for use in Homebrew
(an OSX packaging system) I need to test the patch with the already
generated libvirt-2.0.0.xz archive, not the latest git master.

Cue unpacking, applying patch, repacking, etc.

I'm on it now. ;)

> If you post the error message you're getting we'll of course
> try to help you out to the best of our possibilities :)

Sure.  Lets see if my 2nd attempt at regenerating patched archive
file work first... :)

+ Justin

- Indira Gandhi