[libvirt] Question about : Qemu: don't refuse to undefine a guest with NVRAM file

Kevin Zhao kevin.zhao at linaro.org
Mon Jul 25 14:47:07 UTC 2016

Hi  Daniel,
     Thanks for your help about my bug fix. Now I find that I can't delete
instance with nvram. The problem is really serious for AArch64, since it
always needs uefi.
     I'm now working on this bug:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nova/+bug/1567807, it's about
Nova can't delete instance which has been booted by UEFI.
     I find that you have upload a patch in 2015:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2015-February/msg00915.html ,
to fix libvirt don't refuse to delete instance with NVRAM. I have a
question that the patch status is ? I see that your patch has not been
merged. Do we need to modify the Nova code to add support to delete nvram
instance? Or just wait for Libvirt to fix? Maybe I can help when we need to
modify Nova.
      Thanks Daniel ~ Looking forward to your response~